Are you searching for a cheap university to attend in Nigeria with low school fees to pay? If yes, Then you are on the right page. On this post we will focus on listing out the most cheapest & affordable federal, state and private universities in Nigeria.
One of the main factors prospective students consider before selecting a tertiary institution to attend is the cost of the school fees students pay in such universities. We believe that this article will be of help make the right decision when it comes to choosing a university of study.
Federal institutions in Nigeria are undoubtedly cheap compared to other Universities. Generally, students in Federal universities pay cheaper school fees than their counterparts in state universities. While private universities are on a class of their own when it comes to school fees
Below is a comprehensive list of the the most affordable and cheapest Federal, State and Private universities in Nigeria and their school fees. Please note that most of these universities charge different school fees depending on the course and the level of study, so the school fees range being listed here is just an estimation (or average).
We advise you to bookmark this page and always check here for more guideline and updates.
Top 10 Cheapest / Most Affordable Federal Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees
- University Of Benin (UNIBEN): N41,400 – N73,400
- University Of Lagos (UNILAG): N14,500 – N66,000
- University Of Abuja (UNIABUJA): N26,800 – N49,300
- University Of Ibadan (UI): N14,000 – N85,800
- Federal University Of Agriculture (FUAM): N32,000 – N34,000
- Bayero University, Kano (BUK): N30,500 – N44,500
- University Of Calabar (UNICAL): N32,000 – N43,250
- Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA): N14,400 – N52,000
- Usman Danfodiyo University Sokoto (UDUSOK): N23,800 – N54,800
- National Open University (NOUN): N18,000 – N36,000
Top 10 Cheapest / Most Affordable State Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees
- Lagos State University (LASU) : ₦25,000 (fixed)
- Adekunle Ajasin University (AAUA): ₦35,000 to ₦150,000
- Nasarawa State University (NSUK): ₦29,700 – ₦96,000 (D.E)
- Taraba State University (TASU): ₦37,000 to ₦50,000
- Benue State University (BSU): ₦16,600 to ₦69,800
- Akwa Ibom State University (AKSU): ₦53,000 – N73,000
- Kogi State University (KSU): N57,000 – ₦100,000
- Delta State University (DELSU): N31,000 – ₦85,000
- Kebbi State University Of Science And Technology (KSUSTA): N27,500 – ₦87,000
- Ladoke Akintola University Of Technology (LAUTECH): N45,000 – ₦150,000
Top 10 Cheapest / Most Affordable Private Universities In Nigeria And Their School Fees
- Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin: N203,000 – N573,000 ( Without Hostel Fees)
- Oduduwa University, Ile-Ife: N170,000 – N195,000
- Ajayi Crowther University: 162,000 – 782,000
- Obong University, Obong Ntak: N180,000 – N200,000
- Lead City University: N250,000 – N550,000
- Crescent University, Abeokuta: N283,000 – N1,000,000
- Rhema University, Aba: N432,000 – N464,000
- Adeleke University: N558,300 – N867,000
- Babcock University, Ilishan Remo: N263,000 – N568,000
- Fountain University: N288,000 – N440,500
Thanks for reading updates on top 10 cheapest federal, state & private universities in Nigeria and their school fees.
DISCLAIMER: Please take note that this article only takes cognizance of what the school fees are at the time of writing. If there are already changes to the school fees, please understand and if possible, leave a comment indicating the changes, so that this page can be updated.
Feel free to share this post with your family and friends.