The list of postgraduate courses offered by University of Ibadan (UI) are displayed on this page.
Do you want to find out the list of postgraduate courses you can study at the University of Ibadan (UI)? Below are the list of high-quality courses on offer at the University of Ibadan.
We have gathered the official list of postgraduate courses offered in University of Ibadan (UI) to enable prospective candidates to have knowledge of the various accredited courses available in this University.
The University of Ibadan (UI) is the oldest degree awarding institution in Nigeria, and is located five miles (8 kilometres) from the centre of the major city of Ibadan in Western Nigeria. It is popularly known as Unibadan or UI.
Type of admission offered in university of Ibadan (UI) Postgraduate school
The university of Ibadan offers about 3 well known types of admission, we are not only going to list them but we shall also take time to explain them.
- Full time admission: before you will be admitted into the university of Ibadan school of postgraduates studies as a full time student you need to prove that you are unemployed under the current year. Although there is still a window that allows applicants who are employed to apply only if they show a prove that they are permitted to apply.
- Part time admission : this program is mainly open for lecturers, and those who have taken permission from their places of work.
- Admission as Occasional student: here students and prospective candidates won’t be offered any degree upon graduation.
Duration of postgraduates studies in university of Ibadan (UI)
In University of Ibadan UI each of the programs will take you a minimum of 2 years to complete, there are some that will take you more academic session like that of Doctor of philosophy will take you a maximum of 6 academic semesters.
Please note that each year is made up of 2 semesters and 2 semesters makes up an academic session.
Note to Mobile users: Scroll to the side to view all the contents in the table below:
|Postgraduate Courses at UI||Duration of PG Programmes|
|a) M.A/ M.Sc||Minimum of two (4) Academic Sessions and Maximum of Three (6) Academic Sessions|
|b) MPA/ MBA||Minimum of 4 semesters and a maximum of 6 semesters|
|c) Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)||Minimum of four (4) Academic Session and Maximum of six (6) Academic Session.|
|d) Doctor of Philosophy||Minimum of 6 academic Semesters and a maximum of 10 Semesters|
List of courses offered in University of Ibadan postgraduate school
We have put together a complete list of all the postgraduate courses offered presently in the University of Ibadan (UI).
Faculty of Science
- Archaeology & Anthropology
- Computer Science
Faculty of Arts
- Arabic and Islamic Studies
- Communication and Language Arts
- European Studies
- Linguistics and African Languages
- Religious Studies
- Theatre arts
College of Medical Sciences
- Chemical Pathology
- Medical Microbiology and Parasitology
- Pharmacology & Therapeutics
Biomedical Laboratory Science
- College of Clinical Sciences
- Institute of Child Health
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Preventive Medicine & Primary Care
Faculty of Social Sciences
- Political Science
- Urban and Regional Planning
Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Extension & Rural Development
- Animal Science
- Crop Protection & Environmental Biology Agronomy
- Teaching & Research Farm
- Aquaculture & Fisheries Management
- Forest Resources Management
- Wildlife & Ecotourism Management
- Adult Education
- Centre For Educational Media Resource Studies
- Educational Management
- Library Archival & Information Studies
- Special Education
- Guidance & Counselling
- Human Kinetics& Health Education
- Social Work
- Teacher Education
Courses in Dentistry
- Child Oral Health
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Oral Pathology / Oral Medicine
- Periodontology & Community Dentistry
- Restorative Dentistry
Courses in pharmacological study
- Clinical pharmacology and pharmacological administration
- Pharmacological chemistry
- Pharmacological Microbiology
- Pharmaceutics and industrial pharmacology
Postgraduate Veterinary Medicine
- Veterinary Pathology
- Veterinary Microbiology and Parasitology
- Veterinary Anatomy
- Veterinary Medicine
- Veterinary Public Health and Preventive
- Physiology Biochemistry and Pharmacology
- Veterinary Surgery and Reproduction
- Veterinary Teaching Hospital
Faculty of Technology
- Agricultural and Environmental Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Food Technology
- Industrial Training Coordinating Centre
- Industrial and Production Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Technical Support Unit
Faculty of Law
- Private and Business Law
- Public and International Law
- West law
Faculty of Public Health
- Environmental Health SciencesHealth Promotion & Education
- Epidemiology & Medical Statistics
- Health Policy & Management
- Human Nutrition
- If you choose to study any MSc program in the university of Ibadan (UI) you will have to spend good 18 months.
- To quickly process your admission application form for any postgraduate course it is best you apply online….
- All interested candidates will be mandated to take up am English test ( cut off mark is 40)
- Please do not forget that you will pay a non refundable fee (acceptance fee) 30,000.
About university of ibadan postgraduate school
- The university of Ibadan postgraduate Admission enrollment constitute about 40% of the total amount of student enrolled each year.
- Out of this 40% about 7,000 are masters degree students.
- Once you are sure that you want to apply for the university of Ibadan Post graduate school you ought to start preparing for a English Language Proficiency test
- All candidates that took this test should score nothing less than 40%
- You might be invited for an interview, although not all departments conduct interviews.
- You ought to download a referee which should be completed and upload online with your relevant credentials.
- Each applicant are only allow to apply for one program at a time. apply for the university of Ibadan postgraduate school
This is list of postgraduate courses offered in University of Ibadan (UI) this article will always be updated when an update arises.
We advise you to bookmark this page and always check here for more guideline and updates.
Feel free to share this amazing post with your family and friends.