This page will discuss about the approved punishment for examination malpractice of National Open University of Nigeria popularly known as (NOUN)
See the Noun approved punishment for examination malpractice for all Noun students.
Noun approved punishment for examination malpractice
- Involvement in the leakage of examination papers i.e. serving as agent to circulate leaked examination questions. The punishment is EXPULSION.
- Bringing in unauthorized materials into the examination hall with or without using them e.g. Textbooks, notes, paper, GSM phones, other electronic devices, manuscripts etc. The penalty is SUSPENSION FOR 2 SEMESTERS AND CARRYOVER IN AFFECTED COURSE.
- Copying from another person’s work or looking into another person’s work. The penalty for this is SUSPENSION FOR 2 SEMESTERS AND CARRYOVER In the affected course.
- Releasing or exposing one’s answer script to be copied by another candidate attracts SUSPENSION FOR 2 SEMESTERS AND ‘CARRYOVER’ in the affected course.
- Exchanging answer scripts and question papers, information like printed materials, text messages, microchips etc during any examination attracts SUSPENSION FOR 2 SEMESTERS AND ‘CO’ in the affected course.
- Collaboration in the examination hall while examination is going on attracts SUSPENSION FOR 2 SEMESTERS And CO in the affected course.
- Aiding and Abetting:
Assisting in the transfer of prohibited items from one candidate to another in the examination hall attracts Suspension for 2 Semesters. Failure or refusal to report act of cheating during examination attracts Suspension for 1 Semester.
- Substituting examination scripts with unauthorized scripts or materials before, during or after any examination attracts EXPULSION.
- Coming into an examination hall with a gun or any dangerous weapon attracts EXPULSION AND THE HANDING OVER OF THE CRIMINAL TO LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENTS.
- Physical assault or insulting any staff before, during or after any examination will attract EXPULSION.
- Unruly behaviour in the Examination Hall e.g. Disobedience to lawful orders, drunkenness or obstructing peace during an examination attracts SUSPENSION FOR 2 SEMESTERS.
- Destruction/Mutilation of answer script by any student attracts SUSPENSION FOR 2 SEMESTERS.
- Assaulting another student during any examination attracts EXPULSION.
- Loitering near Examination Hall with intention to aid or abet attracts suspension FOR 1 semester.
- Refusal to complete Examination Malpractice form attracts SUSPENSION FOR 2 SEMESTERS.
- Impersonation During Examination: This applies to any Candidate caught writing examination for another person. When the impersonator and impersonated are students NOUN both students shall be EXPELLED.
- Any Candidate who signs the register on behalf of another Candidate shall be treated as a case of impersonation and shall be expelled from the university.
- Spying during examination: Any Candidate caught spying other Candidate’s work in the examination hall SHALL HAVE HIS/HER PAPER CANCELLED.
- Soliciting for Marks: Any Candidate caught soliciting for marks before, during or after an examination directly and indirectly SHALL HAVE HIS/HER PAPER CANCELLED.
- Destruction of Evidence: Any Candidate who destroys or mutilates materials that will be used as evidence to establish an allegation against him/her shall BE EXPELLED.
- Writing on Question Papers: Any Candidate caught with unauthorized writings, jottings and drawing on question papers shall have his/her examination paper CANCELLED.
- Illegal Possession of Live Question Paper: Any Candidate found with live question(s) or with prepared answers, indicating that there was fore-knowledge of the actual question(s) shall be EXPELLED.
- Incrimination of Invigilator(s)/Lecturer (s) and Other Students: Any Candidate found to have falsely incriminated a lecturer; staff or another student in a case of examination malpractice shall be EXPELLED.
- Repeated Misconduct : Any Candidate who commits any examination misconduct as a second time offender shall be EXPELLED.
Please share Noun approved punishment for examination malpractice for all Noun students.
We advise you to bookmark this page and always check here for more guideline and updates.