Check out Nigerian army ranks and salary: This page will discuss about the Nigeria army salary structure, how much the Nigerian army earn or how much soldiers are paid on monthly basis. We will also look into their ranks because without first understanding how the Nigerian army are ranked you will definitely get confused about how much they are paid.
The Nigerian Army (formerly Royal West African Frontier Force) was founded in 1990. They were trained by the British and also helped them to fight World War 2.
The Nigerian Army (NA) is the land branch of the Nigerian Armed Forces and the largest among the armed forces. Major formations include the 1st Division, the 2nd Division, the 3rd Armoured Division, 81st Division, 82nd Division, and newly formed 7th Division.
If you have been looking for information on how much the officers of the Nigerian army are being paid and there ranks you have come to the right place.
Nigerian Army Ranks 2022/2023
The Nigerian remains the largest army in Africa in terms of their size, they have successfully increased in number from 18,000 to over 126,000 over the years,
This huge number has been attributed to their success in curtailing and handling the crisis in recent time.
Before we go further we will like to divide the Nigerian army ranks into two categories which are:
- Non commission officer: this are military men who passed through the regular 6 months training in kaduna.
They are as follows
- Warrant officer
- Master warrant officer
- Commission officer: this are the main officers and they are highly respected, they are believed to be in charge of the leadership.
They are as follows:
- 2 Lieutenant
Although the above list may appear confusing, i have decided to present them in a well arranged format.
Different Ranks Of The Nigerian Army
- Field Marshal (5 Star General and the highest rank In the Nigerian Army)
- General (4 Star General)
- Lieutenant General (3 Star General)
- Major General (2 Star General)
- Brigadier General (1 Star General)
- Lieutenant Colonel
- Second Lieutenant
Non Commissioned Officers
- Warrant Officer Class I
- Warrant Officer Class II
- Staff Sergeant
If you go to the barracks they leave separate on their own quarters.
Please note that apart from this salary structure we will list here today other bonuses are still paid, free houses are provided for them in the barracks and finally they don’t pay for electricity supply as civilians does.
Although there are speculation that the Federal government might have deducted this money from their gross income before paying them their net income. This means that the salary we are going to list down here today is the net income after every other deduction has been made.
Nigerian Army Salary Structure 2022/2023
Let’s start from the commission officers of the Nigerian army first before we moved to the salary structure of the non commission officers. Please note that the set of officers pass through the Nigeria defense academy before they where commission.
|Lt. General||N1 million|
Below we have successfully listed the the salary structure for noncommissioned officer of the Nigeria Army, carefully go through the Nigerian Army Salary Structure and Ranks below. All has been presented in a tabular form so that you won’t be confused
|Master Warrant Officer||N90,000|
Important fact you need to know about the Nigerian army
- They are the largest land force in terms of total number in Africa
- They have participate in numerous peace keeping operation than any other African country.
- They have participate in peace keeping operation in almost all the continent including Asia, Middle East.
- The peace and stability countries like Liberia Enjoy today can be attributed to the sacrifices of the Nigerian army
We advise you to bookmark this page and always check here for more updates on Nigeria army salary structure and ranks
Feel free to share this amazing post with your family and friends.