Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment — This post will focuse on how to apply for the ongoing positions advertised by the Nigeria Custom Service as well as get notifications for other job openings in Nigeria for graduate and non-graduate.
The Nigerian custom service is on yet another massive recruitment this time they intend to recruit 3,200 officers into the Nigerian custom service.
Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) has been conducting recruitment intake annually over the years. Our platform has received lot of enquiries from curious job seekers about Nigeria Prisons Service job intake 2020
Is NCS Recruitment 2020 application form out? Yes it’s out! The Nigeria Customs Service has successfully commenced recruitment intake for 2020 session applicants
Nigeria Customs Service Latest Updates
Before getting started, we which to make it clear that www.vacancy.customs.gov.ng is the official website and portal of the Nigeria Customs Service. NCS has advertised Vacancies for Customs Inspector, Customs Assistant Cadre and Superintendent Cadre Enlistment as of last intake.
Many readers have asked when the Nigerian Custom Service (NCS) recruitment form 2020 will be announced and how they can apply for it. According to the information we have received, job seekers have to wait for more days. According to trusted sources, custom recruitment form 2020 will be out any moment from now.
Our platform is designed to facilitate the application and registration process of your desired job and also guide you with relevant updates on how to submit your application form successfully. Be informed that the Nigeria Customs Service will start recruiting soon.
For this reason, we wish to inform all job-seekers that the Nigerian Customs Service has warned applicants to stay clear of any recruitment scam activities and not to PAY anyone for the NCS application registration form.
The recruitment updates will published on our websites and also on the official website i.e. www.customs.gov.ng / Vacancy.customs.gov.ng. We definitely notify all our subscribers.
NOTE: All candidates also have to keep in mind that if any certification or eligibility declaration has not been made during the application, then it will not be acceptable even after the recruitment exercise.
WARNING: You are allowed to apply only for one position, applicants with many applications will be declared ineligible.
You should make sure to present those documents for which the cadre you are applying for is essential. (For example, do not use a bachelor’s degree for inspector cadre)
To get the right and fast updates, it is advisable to visit the official portal of this government agency.
Functions of the Nigerian Custom Service
The functions of the Nigeria Customs Service include, but not limited to the following:
- Anti-Smuggling activities;
- Generating statistics for planning and Budgetary purposes;
- Monitoring Foreign Exchange utilisation etc;
- Engaging in Research, Planning and Enforcement of Fiscal Policies of Government;
- Security functions;
- Collection of Revenue (Import /Excise Duties & other Taxes /Levies) and accounting for same;
- Manifest processing;
- Registration and designation of collecting banks;
- Working in collaboration with other government agencies in all approved ports and border station
- Licensing and registration of Customs Agents.
(1) Suitably qualified candidates must SSCE/NECO certificates with credits in not less than four (4) subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
(2) Applicants must also have General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level and Credit in four (4) subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
(3) Applicants must be physically and mentally fit. And must not have a criminal record.
(4) Applicants with any form disabilities should not apply.
Requirements for Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2020
The following are the basic requirements every
applicants must meet to apply for the customs
- Be a Nigerian Citizen by birth or descent
- Not be less than 1.7 metres in height, for
male and 1.64 metres for female.
- Have a fully expanded chest measurement of
not less than 0.87 metres, male.
- Be certified by a Government Medical Officer
to be physically and mentally fit for
appointment in Service
- Not be suffering from any form of physical or
- Be free from any form of financial
- Be of good character and must not have
been found guilty of any criminal offense
- Present a certificate of state of origin signed
by the Chairman/Secretary of their Local
Governments. Certificates endorsed by
Liaison officers are unacceptable
Applicants that have met these requirements
should proceed and fill the form on the portal. See
the procedures in the next section.
How to Apply for Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment
- Log on to the Nigerian custom recruitment page for 2020 @vacancy.customs.gov.ng/
- You need to click on the Nigerian custom recruitment 2020 application link. “vacancy”
- The Nigerian custom will want all applicant to create an account.
- You are to fill your details like names, phone number, email address and some other details. Please make sure all details are correct.
- Validate your email by clicking on a link sent via your mail.
- Once you log in back to access the Nigerian custom recruitment form please enter the right information and apply for the position that best suites you.
- To complete your application you need to upload all credentials and documents as requested by the Nigerian custom service.
- At the end you will receive a reference unique number that you must keep safe.
- Those who wish to submit hard copy of their application should please do that at any formation of the Nigerian custom service nationwide.
The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) has not yet opened its portal 2020 to recruit new staffs. The given steps is as of last recruitment intake. Nigeria Customs Recruitment form is FREE.
Forms and credentials you need to upload or download :
- Parent guidance form
- Parent consent form
- Police report
- Local government identification letter.
- Remember that you must be a good citizen of the federal republic of Nigeria.
- You must be mentally and physically fit.
- Remember that no cultists are allowed to apply.
- Please having tattoos on your body will send the wrong signals and might disqualify you at the screening stage.
- Are you disable? If yes your application will be rejected instantly.
List of Ranks in Nigerian Custom Service Recruitment
Below is a list of ranking positions in NCS:
- Comptroller General
- Deputy Comptroller General
- Assistant Comptroller Generals
- Assistant Comptroller General (ACG)
You can step up your career and join the Knights of our borders that work tirelessly to ensure our borders are safe and are void of vain activities. To register, you must be careful about updates related to recruitment and whenever there is a recruitment practice, be sure to fill out the form. You can get the form and can register at www.customs.gov.ng.
Nigerian Custom Service Salary Structure
Most of our readers have also asked in comments sessions “how much salary” will be received after the appointment. Be ascertain that this is a federal government para-military and after appointment candidate will get salary as per their norms. Salary structure for Nigerian Custom Officer is very attractive and it will help you and your family solve some essential needs.
For example, a custom officer earns approximately 75,000 Naira per month (if it multiplies by 12 months then it is approximately 900,000 naira per year).
However, those who recently joined this agency should not expect such high salary. Lowest rank officer’s salary is usually 30,000 per month.
From the information given above, we can say that the inspectors have the lowest salary, while the Director-General of Nigeria Custom Service earns the highest salary. Other top earning ranks are sub-controller-generals and assistant controller generals.
Please take note: that The key purpose of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) recruitment is to create more jobs for Nigerian youths both graduates and undergraduates. By so doing, unemployment in Nigeria will be curbed and become story of the past.
Also Note that The minimum qualifications for interested applicants are SSCE/NECO/GCE/NCE/ND /HND/BSC/ Applicants applying as man (SUPERINTENDENT CADRE) and women (SUPERINTENDENT CADRE) must be between 18 and 35 years of age.
We advise you to bookmark this page and always check here for more guideline and updates.
Feel free to share this on How to Apply for Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment post with your family and friends.