Latest Update On Nigerian Navy DSSC Recruitment 2023/2024: This post will focus on everything you need to know on how you can successfully obtain nigerian navy DSSC recruitment application form, requirements, qualifications demanded by the board and other necessary details.
Nigerian Navy DSSC department has successfully commence recruitment intake for current sessions. Read through this post carefully to see the eligibility requirements, application guideline and deadline.
Are you a Nigerian and a lover of Naval military force seeking for best opportunity to apply? Do you want to join the Nigerian Navy Service? If you are interested in either of those, then you are on the right page because we will provide you vital information on Nigerian Navy DSSC recruitment 2023 and other related information to help you get the job.
Check out how to obtain nigerian navy DSSC recruitment 2023 application form, requirements, qualifications, guidelines and other important updates for free.
The Nigerian Navy through the Direct Short Service offers a flexible course that are more suitable for universities and Polytechnics graduates who want to become a full Navy officer.
- General Doctor/Dental Surgeon
- Human Resource Management Office
- Information Officer
- Accounts and Budget Officer
- Biomedical Engineer
- Information and Communication Technology Officer
- Clinical Psychologist
- Medical Lab Scientist
- Hospital Administrator
- General Nursing/ Midwife
- Graduate Sports/PT Instructor
- Logistics Officer
- Legal Officer
- Graduate Music Instructor
- Public Health Officer
- Dental Therapist
The Nigerian Navy through the Direct Short Service, remains a course that is any civilian and interested military personnel will receive before he or she will be given the chance to get enlisted into the Navy.
1. ACCOUNT AND BUDGET: Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s degree or HND in Economics, Accounting and Business Administration or HND in Business and Accounts. Membership of a professional body like ICAN, ANAN, ACMA, ACCA, ACA will be an added advantage.
2. CHAPLAIN: Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s Degree from a registered institution of theology from either of the following:
- Catholic Mission.
- Protestant Mission.
Applicants must have completed 2 years of apprenticeship in Apostolic Ministry and be recommended from the pastoral missions. In addition to qualifications required, applicants must be of the male gender and duly ordained clergy of their respective Christian faith.
3. EDUCATION: Applicants must possess B.Ed in relevant fields. Holders of first degree with PGD in the following fields are also eligible:
- English Language
- Computer Science
4. ENGINEERING: Applicants must possess a BSc or HND or equivalent qualifications in the following fields:
- Aeronautical Engineering.
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Mechanical/Marine Engineering.
- Naval Architecture/Ship Design.
Membership of Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) and Council of Registered Engineers of Nigeria (COREN) will be an added advantage.
5. HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT: Applicants must possess a BSc, BA, HND or equivalent qualification in Personnel Management, Public Administration or Human Resource Management. Membership of NIM and other relevant bodies is an added advantage.
6. SEAMAN: Applicants must possess BSc/HND in Nautical Sciences. Membership of relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
7. HYDROGRAPHY: Applicants must possess a BSc or HND in the following fields.
- Physical Oceanography.
Membership of NIS is an added advantage. Applicants with BSc degree in Physics and Mathematics must possess a Post Graduate Diploma in Land Survey to be eligible.
8. IMAM: Bachelor of Arts in Islamic Studies with special reference to Islamic Jurisprudence and Theology. Diploma in Counselling Psychology will be an added advantage. Applicants with Post Graduate Diploma in Islamic Studies must have 5 years experience.
9. INFORMATION: Applicants must possess a BSc or HND in the following fields.
- Mass Communication.
- Public Relations.
- Printing Technology.
- Television Production.
- Computer Technology (Desktop Publishing).
- Membership of Nigerian Institute of Public Relations will be an added advantage.
10. INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY: Applicants must possess BSc/B.Tech/B.Eng in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Priority will be given to candidates with relevant qualification in:
- Website development and management.
- Networking and network administration.
- Programming multimedia and software development.
- Server and database administration.
- Information and cybersecurity.
Certification in relevant fields will be an added advantage.
11. MEDICAL: Applicants in the medical field must possess the following qualifications:
Applicants in the medical field must possess the following qualifications:
1. Doctor/Dental Surgeons: MBBS, MBchB or equivalent. Must be fully registered by the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria and must possess a current practicing license.
2. Pharmacist: B.Pharm degree and be fully registered with the Pharmacy Council of Nigeria and have a current practicing license.
3. Radiographer: Minimum of BSc/HND in Radiography.
4. Nursing: B.NSc or equivalent with post basic qualification in a nursing field. Sub specialisations such as ICU, A&E, Theatre, Anaesthesia will be an added advantage.
5. Dietician: B.Sc or HND Dietician/Nutrition. Must be registered with Dietetics Council of Nigeria.
6. Medical Lab Scientist: Must possess either a BMLS or AIMLS and its equivalent and be fully registered with the Medical Laboratory Scientist Council of Nigeria as well as possess a current practicing license.
7. Physiotherapist: Must possess either B. Physiotherapy or BMR (Bachelor of Medical Rehabilitation). Must be registered with the Medical Rehabilitation Therapist Registration Board of Nigeria (MRTB) and possess a current practicing license.
8. Medical Records/Health Information Management: Minimum of BSc/ HND required
9. Public Health Officer: Minimum of BSc/HND in either Environmental Health or Community Health Information and Education. Must be fully registered with the Environmental Health Officers Registration Council of Nigeria (EHORCON) and possess a current practicing license.
10. Optometrist: Doctor of Optometry. Must be a fully registered optometrist, dispensing optician by the Optical Council of Nigeria and have a current practicing license.
11. Hospital Administration: Minimum of BSc/HND Hospital Administration required.
12. Biomedical Engineer: Minimum of BSc/HND in Biomedical Engineering required.
13. Clinical Psychologist: Minimum of BSc/HND in Clinical Psychology and Applied Psychology required.
14. Music: Applicants must possess BA/HND in Music. Proficiency in any musical instrument will be an added advantage.
15. SPORTS/PT: Applicants must possess BA/HND in Physical & Health Education or equivalent. Proficiency in any physical sport will be an added advantage.
16. LOGISTICS: BSc/HND/B Eng in the following fields:
- Civil Engineering.
- Economics, Business Management or in Purchasing and Supply (PS).
- Final Certificate of Nigerian Institute of Transport Technology.
- Quantity Survey.
- Structural Engineering.
- Transport Management.
15. Legal Services: LLB and BL (A minimum of 2 years post qualification experience is required).
- Just like every other government job, the Nigerian Navy DSSC Recruitment demands that you be a citizen of Nigeria.
- Joining the Navy is for adult who are up to 18 and should not be more than 30 years. It’s design so as to help you achieve a 30 years of active service before retirement.
- The Nigerian Navy DSSC online application requires you to walk into any government hospital to get a fitness report with this report you can process your application.
- Applicant with criminal record shouldn’t bother applying because it will be rejected.
- Ensure you put up a good character through out the screening process and even after the screening process.
- You must have a degree certificate, this means that you should get your BSc or HND degree ready.
- As an eligible candidate you should be well behaved and also make sure you are not a cultists or drug addict.
- Computer literate is not a must but it is consider as an added advantage.
- Your chest should measure up to 0.87 for men
- and women female height should be at least 1.60 meters and 1.65m for male.
- You need to sign up before accessing the Nigerian Navy DSSC Application Form.
- Make sure you choose a strong password, make use of a separate email address to fast track any message sent to you from the Nigerian Navy.
- Login with your details to access the Nigerian Navy DSSC Application Form.
- Supply all needed information about your self.
- Cross check these information again to ensure that they are no error.
Upload necessary documents like the following:
- Educational certificates
- Certificate of State of Origin.
- Birth certificates
- Evidence of membership of any professional body.
Immediately you finish applying there is still one more thing to do before you call it a day and it is to ensure that you print out your online generated photo slip. There are instructions on the photo slip on the next action to take.
The Nigerian Navy will make available a screening center for successful candidates to come forward for the screening exercise.
A date will be set aside for it and you are expected to come on time.
The screening is compulsory for all because failure to show up means automatic disqualification.
Finally, note that candidates will not be allowed to receive visitors once taken on strength and will not be allowed to leave the College premises for the first three months of training. Candidates and their families/loved ones are to please note the above for strict compliance.
We advise you to bookmark this page and always check here for more guideline and updates on Nigerian Navy DSSC Recruitment
Feel free to share this amazing post with your family and friends.