Latest update on NIN Registration Procedure/Process: This post will focus on everything you need to know on how you can successfully apply for National Identity Number (NIN) registration form online Via NIMC portal. it’s very fast and easy, Continue reading for more Details (guideline and Institution) below:
The Nigerian National Identity Number (NIN) is a unique identification number issued by the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC). It is expected that every Nigerian is enrolled and issued the NIN for the purpose of all round identification.
What is NIN All About? view details below;
The National Identification Number (NIN) consists of 11 non- intelligible numbers randomly chosen and assigned to an individual after completing enrollment into the National Identity Database (NIDB).
Once a NIN is assigned to an individual, it can never be reassigned, given or used by another person, making it unique in nature.
In the case of an individual’s demise, his/her NIN is retired once a death certificate is presented to the Commission and the individual’s death is established.
The NIN is used to tie all records about an individual in the database and is also used to establish or verify his/her identity.
All citizens and legal residents in Nigeria, from age zero (birth) and above are eligible to enrol for their NINs.
Why You Need Your NIN?
You have a phone number so people can contact you. Get your National Identification Number so people can IDENTIFY you.
- obtaining your National e-ID card
- travel (international passport application & acquisition)
- opening personal bank accounts
- getting your driver’s license
- obtaining your Permanent Voters’ Card
- participating in the National Health Insurance Scheme
- payment of your taxes
- transactions related to your contributory pension scheme
- access to welfare and other relevant services from the Nigerian Government
- transactions with social security implications
- land transactions subject to the Land Use Act
- any other transactions NIMC may so prescribe and list in the Federal Government Gazette
NIMC is engaged in harmonization and integration of data with various agencies across Nigeria who deal with the various services above to ensure smooth coordination of activities.
How do I enrol for NIN?
NIN Enrolment consists of the recording of an individual’s demographic data and capture of the ten (10) fingerprints, head-to-shoulder facial picture and digital signature, which are all used to cross-check existing data in the National Identity Database to confirm that there is no previous entry of the same data.
It is imperative that you apply on the NIMC Pre Enrolment Portal and follow the process as defined for applying for National Identification Number.
Please note that applicants in requirement of assistance with Enrolment Form can visit the Enrolment Centre where a Support Officer will assist them in correctly filling the Enrolment Form with the required information.
Requirements For NIN Registration:
Walk into the nearest NIMC Enrolment Centre with your BVN if you have one and any of the following required Original and Valid supporting documents:
- Old National ID Card
- Driver’s License
- Voter’s card (Temporary or Permanent)
- Nigerian International passport
- Certificate of Origin
- Attestation letter from a prominent ruler in your community
- Birth certificate
- Declaration of age
- Attestation letter from religious/traditional leader
- NHIS ID card
- Government staff ID card
- Registered/recognized private organization staff ID card
- School ID Card (private/public)
- Tax Clearance certificate
- Valid immigration documents
NIMC Enrolment Centres:
There are designated centres country-wide and in overseas locations where you can easily work in to register enrol for NIN. To find NIMC enrolment Centres near you, visit the NIMC webpage and click on your state or Diaspora location for a comprehensive list of centres across the location.
National Identity Number (NIN) Registration Procedure/Process
For those who are yet to enrol for the NIMC’s NIN, it is important to do so as to meet the set deadline.
Fill up the pre-enrolment form online, download and print Pre Enrolment Slip.
- Fill the NIMC Pre Enrolment online form by visiting Pre Enrolment Portal.
- All the mandatory fields need to be completely filled with correct information.
- Download and print your Pre Enrolment Slip
Service Fee: ENROLMENT IS FREE
Submit Your Application
- Walk into any nearest NIMC Registration Centre nationwide with a supporting document.
- At Enrolment Center, you will be directed to a counter where our Enrolment Officer will verify the presence and compliance of all details of your application.
- If your application is in order, the Enrolment officer will guide you to proceed with the capture of biometrics (ten fingerprints and facial image). You will collect the Transaction ID Slip as evidence of the transaction.
- Applicants who cannot read nor write should be accompanied by a literate individual who can do the form filling for him/her.
- Minor applicants should be accompanied by parents/guardians who can do the form filling for them.
- Minor applicants should only bring an original and valid birth certificate and NIN slip of one of the Nigerian Parent / Guardian.
- The normal time frame for issuance of the National Identification Number (NIN) Slip is 2 to 3 working days from when the biometric details are captured at enrolment centres.
- The issuance of NIN may take longer in certain cases due to the validation of details at NIMC. VFS has no role to play to expedite for such cases.
- The Transaction ID Slip is required to be stored carefully by the applicant as it is required to be presented at the time of collection of NIN Slip indicating completion of enrolment.
Note: You need one registration to be issued both the NIMC card and NIN. The 11-digit National Identity Number (NIN) is however not the same thing as the National e-ID Card which is a physical token. The NIN can be used on its own for digital identity verification without the e-ID card.
We advise you to bookmark this page and always check here for more guideline and updates on how you can successfully apply for nin registration form
Feel free to share this amazing post with your family and friends.