Latest Update On Nigerian Airforce Recruitment 2023/2024: This post will focus on everything you need to know on how you can successfully obtain nigerian airforce recruitment application form, requirements, qualifications and other necessary details to help you get the job.
Nigeria Airforce Recruitment Application Form Is Out?
The Nigerian airforce department of airmen/airwomen has successfully commence recruitment intake for 2023 session applicants.
Check out how to obtain nigerian airforce recruitment 2023 application form, requirements, qualifications, guidelines and other important updates for free.
The Nigerian Airforce invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the 2023 recruitment exercise into the Nigerian Airforce as Airmen/Airwomen.
Nigerian Air Force (NAF) is the air branch of the Nigerian Armed Forces. It is the youngest branch of the Nigerian Armed Forces. It is one of the largest in Africa.
Do you have what it takes to get the job at the Nigerian Air force? If yes is the answer then proceed further and see what qualification required to apply for the job.
You must take this guide very seriously as every information you need in order to successfully get Nigerian Air force Jobs is right here on this website. So stay focused and read through.
Nigerian Airforce Recruitment Requirements
- Nationality: Applicant must be of Nigerian origin.
- Age: Applicants must be between the ages of 17 and 22 years for non-tradesmen/women, 17 and 24 years for tradesmen/women Those applying as drivers must be between the ages of 18 and 28 years
- Marital Status: All applicants must be single.
- Height: Minimum height is 1.68 meters or 5.5ft for males and 1.65m or 5.4ft for females.
- Medical Fitness: All applicants must be medically fit and meet the Nigerian Air Force medical and employment standards.
- Non-Tradesmen/women: Applicants must possess a minimum of 5 credits including Mathematics and English Language at not more than 2 sittings obtained not later than 4 years to this exercise. In addition, applicants are also required to possess their school’s testimonials.
- Tradesmen/women: Applicants must possess OND, NABTEB, RN/RM or City & Guild Certificate. Candidate with only Trade Test Certificate are required to also have a minimum of 3 passes in GCE/SSCE/NECO including English. In addition, applicants applying as tradesmen/tradeswomen must possess ND (with minimum of Lower Credit) or other relevant trade qualification from government-approved institutions. Note that applicants with HND or First Degrees/Post-Graduate Certificates, University Diplomas and Grade II Teacher’s certificates will not be considered for recruitment as airmen/airwomen into the Nigerian Air Force and should not apply.
- Attestation Forms: Applicant’s attestation form must be signed by a military officer from the same state as the applicant and not below the rank of Squadron Leader or equivalent in the Nigerian Army and the Nigerian Navy, and Police Officer of the rank of Assistant CP and above. Local Governments Chairmen/Secretaries, magistrates and principals of government Secondary Schools from applicants’ state of origin can also sign the attestation forms. The signees passport photograph and either photocopy of drivers licence or international passport must be attached. In addition, applicants are to bring with them a letter of attestation of good character from any of the officers above to the Zonal Recruitment Centers and final selection interview.
- Requirements: Applicants are advised to carefully read the requirements below before filling the form:
- Medical Records: ND Medical Records.
- Nursing: RN/RM
- Lab Technician: ND Medical Lab Science.
- X-Ray Technician: ND X-ray Technology.
- Dental Technician: ND Dental Technology/Dental Therapy
- Pharmacy Technician: ND Pharmacy Technology.
- Environmental Technician: ND Environmental Technology.
- Biomedical Technician: ND Biomedical Technology.
- Optometry Technician: ND Optometry Technology.
- Statistics: ND Statistics.
- Assistant Chaplain: ND in Christian Religious Study.
- Assistant Imam: ND in Arabic/Islamic Studies.
- Engineering Technicians: ND Mechanical Engr./Electrical Electronics Engr/Air Engineering Technology
- Meteorologist: ND in Meteorology.
- Electrical Technicians: ND Electrical Electronics, ND/Trade Test Cert 1,2,3 Domestic Elect, Work
- Building Technology: ND Building tech/QS/Land Surveying/Civil Engineering.
- Public Relations/Info: ND Mass Comm. Cert/Trade Test Cert in Videography/Photography.
- Secretarial Assistants: ND Office Technology Management.
- Library Assistants: ND/NCE Library Science.
- Music: ND Music. In addition, playing experience in any recognised Band will be an advantage.
- Driver/Mechanic: Trade Test and current driver’s license with practical experience.
- Works: Trade Test Cert in Welding/Carpentry/Painting/Sign Writing/Plumbing/Mason/ domestic Electrician/Refrigeration and Air Conditioning.
- Computer Tech.: ND/Computer Hardware Engr/Software Engr. Possession of recognized certifications will be an advantage.
- ND/Certificate in Physiotherapy.
- ND/Certificate in Medical Supply.
- ND/Certificate in Printing Technology.
- PE/Sports: ND/NCE Physical Education, Certificate of participation/Medals in National and International sporting competitions will be an added advantage.
- Catering: ND in Catering Services.
- Education: NCE in PHE, Library Science, Home Economics, Hausa Language, Ibo Language, Yoruba Language, French, Business Management, Fine Arts.
Note: Nigerian Airforce registration is completely free. Do not pay anyone to register for the form
Nigerian Airforce Careers
- Regular Combatant (RC)
- Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC)
- Basic Military Training Course (BMTC)
The Regular Combatant Commission is a 5-year intensive military training at the Nigerian Defence Academy.
This type of commission is opened to young Nigerians within 17 years old and not more than 21 years old at the time of entry into the Academy.
The training involves 4 years of both academic and military training and one year of dedicated military training, which will lead to the award of a Bachelor Degree and a presidential commission to the rank of Second Lieutenant in the Nigerian Army (NA),
Midship Man in the Nigerian Navy (NN) and Flying Officer in the Nigerian Air Force (NAF). Until 2011, this course used to be exclusively for males. The first set of females commenced training in September 2011.
Direct Short Service Commission:
The Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) is a type of commission in the NAF which is open to both civilians and serving military personnel.
The Course provides the avenue for the enlistment of degree holders who are professionals in specified fields.
The training period for this type of commission is usually 6 months of intensive military training and successful candidates are commissioned into the rank of Flying Officer.
Basic Military Training Course:
The Basic Military Training Course is a Short Period Training for the Airmen and Airwomen, not normally more than 6 months of training.
Hence, it is mainly for those who possess Secondary School Certificate, National Diploma certificate, NABTEB, RN/RM/NCE, or City & Guild Certificate and Trade Test Certificate.
The BMTC is comprised of Non-Tradesmen/Women with an age limit between 18 and 22, and Tradesmen/Women with an age limit between 18 and 25.
The Nigerian Air force portal remains www.airforce.mil.ng, but you aren’t supposed to send your application through the above portal.
Interested applicants are to apply free of charge online at www.careers.nigerianairforce.gov.ng.
Applicants are to print out the under listed documents after completion of application online:
a. Local Government Attestation Form.
b. Parents/Guardian Consent Form.
c. Acknowledgement Form.
Nigerian Airforce Recruitment Qualifying Tests centers
Qualifying Recruitment Tests will hold in the following centers:
- Makurdi: Nigerian Air Force Base, Markudi.
- Ilorin: 227 Wing, Nigerian Air Force, Ilorin.
- Lagos: Sam Ethnan Air Force Base, Ikeja – Lagos.
- Enugu: 305 Flying Training School, Enugu.
- Port Harcourt: 97 Special Operations Group, Nigerian Air Force, Port Harcourt.
- Benin: 81 Air Maritime Group, Nigerian Air Force Benin.
- Kaduna: Nigerian Air Force Base, Kawo – Kaduna.
- Kano: 303 Flying Training School, Kano.
- Maiduguri: 204 Wing, Nigerian Air Force Base, Maiduguri.
- Ipetu-Ijesha: Nigerian Air Force Institute of Safety, Ipetu-Ijesha.
- Sokoto: 55 Forward Operation Base Mabera, Sokoto.
- Yola: 75 Strike Group, Nigerian Air Force, Yola.
- Jos: 330 Nigerian Air Force Station, Jos.
Candidates that qualify after the registration process would be invited for Zonal Recruitment Exercise.
Also, candidates that qualify after the Zonal Recruitment Exercise would be invited for Final Selection Interview Exercise, after which the list of successful candidates would be published for Basic Military Training.
- Applicants will be required to submit for scrutiny, the original copies of the documents at the recruitment centers and during the final selection interview. Applicants will be required to present following documents if selected for the zonal recruitment test:
- Two recent passport size photographs to be stamped and countersigned by officer of appropriate rank specified, Local Government Chairmen/Secretaries and other specified officers in Paragraph 8.
- Photocopies of:
- Birth Certificate/Declaration of Age (Any age declaration done later than 5 years to this exercise will not be acceptable).
- Educational/ Trade Certificates.
- Any applicant suspected to have impersonated or submitted false document(s) shall be disqualified from the selection exercise. Also, any false declaration detected later may lead to withdrawal from training. Such applicants may be handed over to the Police for prosecution. The Nigerian Air Force will not entertain any enquiries in respect of applicants whose applications have been rejected. Applicants are required to fill valid email addresses and Telephone numbers in the appropriate spaces provided in the application form.
Nigerian Airforce Recruitment Screening Venues
All the applicants should note that the Zonal Screening for the Nigerian Air Force 2020 Recruitment Exercise will commence at the following centres:
1. Nigerian Air Force Base, Makurdi.
2. 303 MAG Nigerian Air Force, Ilorin.
3. Sam Ethnan Air Force Base, Ikeja – Lagos.
3. 155 Nigerian Air Force Base, Enugu.
5. 107 Air Maritime Group, Nigerian Air Force Benin.
6. Nigerian Air Force Base, Kawo – Kaduna.
7. 403 Flying Training School, Kano.
8. 105 Composite Group Nigerian Air Force Base, Maiduguri.
9. 209 Quick Response Group, Ipetu-Ijesha.
10. 119 Forward Operation Base Mabera, Sokoto
11 Strike Group, Nigerian Air Force, Yola.
12. 451 Nigerian Air Force Station, Jos.
13. 251 Nigerian Air Force Base, Bauchi.
WARNING: Do not pay money to anybody for any kind of help. Beware of scammers.
Thanks for reading!!!
We advise you to bookmark this page and always check here for more guidelines and updates on nigerian airforce recruitment
Feel free to share this post with your family and friends.