ABSU Courses & Requirements: This post will focus on official list of courses offered in Abia State University And their Admission Requirements.
Do you want to find out the list of courses you can study at the ABSU? If yes, The complete list of courses offered by Abia State University are displayed on this page.
Related Post: Complete List Of courses Offered In MOUAU And Admission Requirements
We have gathered the official list of courses offered in Abia State University (ABSU) to enable prospective candidates to have knowledge of the various accredited courses available in this University. We believe that this article will be of help to prospective UTME/DE candidates in their choice of University as well as the courses they would want to study.
Abia State University is one of the state owned universities in Nigeria. The inception of the university was in 1981 in the former Imo State under the name of Imo State University, Etiti. The university was established by Sam Mbakwe when he was Governor of old Imo State. Following the creation of Abia State in 1991, the Uturu campus of the University was ceded to Abia State, and is now known as Abia State University Uturu, Isuikwuato Local Government Area, Abia State, Nigeria. The university is organized in colleges and schools having been founded on the same collegiate system operated by University of Nebraska.
Abia State University offers undergraduate, graduate and doctorate degrees. It has two campuses- its main campus in Uturu; and the College of Law, College of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine housed by the campus in Umuahia, Abia State capital.
How To Obtain ABSU Post-UTME/DE Admission Form
How To Check ABSU Admission Status
Abia State University has been official accredited and/or recognized by the National Universities Commission (NUC), Nigeria.
Are you seeking admission into ABSU, or searching for information on the complete list of courses offered in ABSU and their requirements? Below are the list of high-quality courses on offer at the Abia State University.
ABSU Courses And Requirements
Check out the complete list of courses offered in Abia State University and Admission Requirements recently released by the management of the institution
Read Also: Complete List Of courses Offered In IMSU And Admission Requirements
List of Available Courses Offered by ABSU
Abia State University (ABSU) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the under – listed courses.
- AGRIC-ECONOMICS AND EXTENSION
- AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE AND EDUCATION
- ANIMAL SCIENCE AND FISHERIES
- BANKING AND FINANCE
- BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- BUSINESS EDUCATION
- CHEMISTRY AND INDUSTRIAL CHEMISTRY
- CIVIL ENGINEERING
- COMPUTER ENGINEERING
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- CROP PRODUCTION AND PROTECTION
- EDUCATION ACCOUNTING
- EDUCATION AND BIOLOGY
- EDUCATION AND CHEMISTRY
- EDUCATION AND GOVERNMENT
- EDUCATION AND INTEGRATED SCIENCE:
- EDUCATION AND MATHEMATICS
- EDUCATION AND PHYSICS
- EDUCATION AND POLITICAL SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND SOCIAL STUDIES
- EDUCATION/FINE ART
- EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT AND PLANNING
- ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE
- ENVIRONMENTAL RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
- ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE
- ESTATE MANAGEMENT
- FINE AND APPLIED ARTS
- FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- GEOGRAPHY AND PLANNING
- GOVERNMENT AND PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING
- HISTORY AND INTERNATIONAL STUDIES
- HOME ECONOMICS AND EDUCATION
- INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
- LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE
- LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
- LIBRARY SCIENCE
- LINGUISTICS AND COMMUNICATION STUDIES
- MASS COMMUNICATION
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE:
- MEDICINE AND SURGERY
- NURSING/NURSING SCIENCE
- PLANT SCIENCE AND BIOTECHNOLOGY
- POLITICAL SCIENCE
- PUBLIC HEALTH
- PURE AND INDUSTRIAL PHYSICS
- RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- SOIL SCIENCE
- SURVEYING AND GEOINFORMATICS
- URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING
N/B: We will keep you updated when new programmes are introduced.
See Also: The Jamb Subject Combination For All Courses Above (Science and Art)
ABSU Admission Requirements
The following are the general entry requirements approved for admission into the institution.
- Candidates who chose Abia State University as their preferred choice of institution during the Post-Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and Direct Entry (DE) Registration.
- UTME Candidate must have a minimum JAMB and/or the institutional cut-off marks or higher for the programmes applied.
- Candidates are also required to obtain the required O’level credits for their programmes as specified in JAMB Brochure.
- Candidate must be at least 16 (Sixteen) of age.
- Interested Candidates who did not choose Abia State University during the UTME/DE Registration but wish to study in the University, should change to the ABSU via JAMB website.
Thanks for reading!!!
We advise you to bookmark this page and always check here for more updates on ABSU courses & admission requirements.
Feel free to share this amazing post with your family and friends.
Don’t forget to check out; Other Nigerian Universities Courses Offered and Admission Requirements