Latest Update On JAMB Change Of Course And Institution / Data Correction 2021: This page will discuss about everything you need to know on how to successfully do JAMB Change of Course, JAMB change of Institution, correction of Names, Gender correction, State/LGA of Origin correction, passport photograph correction, UTME subjects correction, profile correction and Date Of Birth correction. Continue reading for more Details (guideline and Institution) below:
Is Jamb change of course and institution / Data Correction Form Out
This is to inform all the candidates who participated in the 2021 JAMB UTME that the change of JAMB course, institution and Data Correction for 2021/2022 Academic Session has commenced.
Some candidates have complained about being admitted to another course or institution different from the one they initially applied to study on Jamb Caps. This post is to guide such candidates on what they are supposed to do if they find out that they have been offered admission into a different course or institution.
The first dilemma you will face when you discover such is whether to Accept the admission or Reject it. This is understandable considering that admission into higher institution in Nigeria is not easy to come by. However, do not rush to reject or accept the course immediately. I will advise you do the following;
Consider the course/Institution Carefully
Ask yourself, Do I have the academic aptitude for this new course? How much interest do I have in this course? The reason is that it is hard to study a course you are not interested in. You may have to research on the course to know more about it and what it involves. Often times the reason something is not interesting or appealing is because we know little or nothing about it.
After making the necessary research on the course and you discover that you cannot cope with the academic demands of the course or still not interested in the course, I will advise you reject the course. It is better for you to reject the admission now than end up not being able to graduate because you can’t cope with it.
On the other hand, If you are convinced that you can cope with the academic demands of the course. I will advise that you accept the course. The reason being that, you are not really sure if another admission will be given if you reject this one. Unless of course you do not mind sitting for JAMB next year if no other admission is offered to you.
We advise you to bookmark this page and always check here for more guideline and updates.
If it was your institution that was changed, check to know where the school is located. Is it a location you would like to relocate to? What is the schools fees of the institution? What’s the living cost in that state. Knowing the answer to all these will help you decide whether to accept or reject the admission.
Apply For Jamb change of course and institution
Once you have accepted the admission, it is advisable to immediately change your initial course to the new course you have been offered to study. If it is another institution that offered you admission, you have to change your institution to the new one that has offered you admission as first choice. If not, you will be unable to print your Jamb admission letter and the admission will be withdrawn.
If you reject the admission, then you do not have to do anything. Your name will automatically be available in the admission market place for admission consideration.
How much is Jamb change of course and institution / Data Correction Form 2021?
Candidates who are interested in changing their course or institution should take note that cost of the form is Two thousand Five Hundred Naira Only (N2,500).
All the candidates who made mistakes while filling their forms during the 2021 Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) UTME Registration that they can now make corrections for the following categories:
- Names Correction (Correction can only be done once)
- Passport Photograph Correction (Correction can only be done once)
- Gender Correction (Correction can only be done once)
- UTME Subjects Correction (Correction can only be done once)
- State/LGA Correction (Correction can only be done once)
- Profile Correction (Correction can only be done once)
- Choice of Institution/Course Correction (Correction can only be done more than once with separate payments)
Before you proceed to do that, please make sure you do the following;
- Be sure of the Course/Institution you would like to make changes. Verify if the course is available in the school using the JAMB Brochure.
- Ensure that the school you are changing to does not usually have a cut off mark higher than your score.
- Most schools have a lot of candidates already, like University of Ilorin. So be sure you have up to 2 to 4 options, Just in case, your preferred choice is not available, you can take the next option.
- Ensure you select a Course/Institution that is in line with your subject combination to avoid being screened out during your school’s admission screening exercise.
- You should note that once the form is submitted, you will NOT be able to make any changes again (unless Jamb has updated this)
JAMB Change of Course & Institution / Data Correction Procedure.
Follow the procedure outlined below to effect any of the changes above:
- Go to JAMB portal at http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/.
- Login with your Email and Password.
- Click on ‘Registration (2021 only)’ from the list of services on the left side.
- From the drop down, select ‘2021 UTME Data Correction‘.
- Then proceed to payment.
After payment, proceed to either the closest JAMB office or a Jamb accredited centre to complete the process.
- How to Use JAMB Admission Status Checking Portal for Free
- JAMB Subject Combination For All Courses (Both Science and Art)
- List Of Universities That Accept 180 and Above in Nigeria
- How Check UTME Results Online/Offline Via JAMB CAPS Portal And SMS
- Complete List Of State Universities In Nigeria And Courses Offered
- Things You Need To Know Before Upgrading your JAMB/UTME Score
JAMB Change of Course & Institution / Data Correction Procedure for 2020 Downward.
For 2020 and years below, follow the procedure outlined below to change your data on JAMB portal.
- Visit JAMB E-facility portal at http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/.
- Login with your Email and Password.
- Click on ‘Application for Correction of Data (2020 Downward)’ from the list of services on the left side.
- From the drop down, select the one you wish to correct i.e. Course/Institution, Names, Date of Birth, Gender, State/LGA of Origin .
2020 and years below can effect changes on their own without the CBT centre.
Here’s JAMB Change of Course & Institution / Data Correction Printout Slip Sample [PHOTO/PICTURE]!
JAMB Change of Course / Institution & Correction of Data Closing Date 2021
JAMB change of course and institution closing date for 2021/2022 admission has not been announced. Usually, there is no set date by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board as the closing date for change of courses or change of institutions.
In other words, changing of courses and/or institutions on JAMB portal will continue until admission ends. This has been confirmed by the authorities of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board when asked about the closing date for this data correction.
I believe that with the above tutorial, you now know do Jamb change of course and institution / Data Correction Procedure.
Feel free to share this amazing post with your family and friends.