Latest update on First Bank Transfer Code: This post will focus on everything you need to know on how you can successfully transfer money from First Bank to another bank, check your account balance, recharge card, pay bills and other functions Via First Bank USSD Code Method. it’s very fast and easy, Continue reading for more Details (guideline and Institution) below:
First Bank of Nigeria Limited (“FirstBank”), established in 1894, is a Nigerian multinational bank and financial services company headquartered in Lagos Nigeria. It is the premier bank in West Africa with its impact woven into the fabric of society.
How to Transfer Money from First Bank Via USSD Code
Do you want to transfer money from your First Bank account to another bank using the first bank transfer code? If yes, then this article is exactly what you need.
What is Mobile Banking?
Mobile banking or USSD banking is just a way of completing all your bank transactions from the comforts of your home, using your mobile phone.
Mobile banking has been at its best in Nigeria. Happily, Nigerian banks have embraced it very well. It is fast, proficient, and smart.
Mobile banking has gotten to a point of its simplicity, bringing all your bank commands to one place, where you can make transfers, check account balance and carry out other transactions.
What is First Bank Transfer Code?
First bank transfer code is *894#, and the bank is calling it “Quick Banking” Where registered customers can easily perform all bank transactions with their phone. With the First bank transfer code, you can easily transfer money from bank to bank, recharge your phone, etc.
In order words, First bank USSD code, or First bank Quick banking is a service that allows First Bank account holders to top-up their mobile lines directly and instantly by dialing *894*amount# from their mobile phones. The service is fast, secure and reliable as well convenient.
When dialed, two options are displayed for the customer to choose from:
- Quick Banking – Follow prompts to access the listed services for First Bank account holders ONLY.
- First monies – For electronic wallet-based transactions. This product is available to both account holders and non-account holders.
Features And Benefits Of Using First bank Transfer Code
Below contains the list and features of using First bank USSD codes:
- Quick access
- It is the easy way of Banking
- You don’t need an internet connection
- You can transfer money to other banks
- Check balance
- Buy airtime
- You can pay bills and lots more
- You can open an account
Note: Before you can make use of mobile banking or USSD banking, you need to complete the registration
Requirements To Register For The First Bank USSD Code
The following are what you need before you can use the transfer code:
- An active bank account with First Bank Nigeria Limited.
- Mobile number.
- Link your phone number to your bank account.
- Mobile phone.
- Link your debit card to your FirstBank account.
- Your phone must also be profiled for SMS alert.
How To Activate/Register For First Bank Transfer Code
- Dial *894*0#
- A list of masked debit card numbers linked to your account is displayed
- Select your preferred debit card
- Enter the 4-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) for the selected debit card
- Create a new 5-digit PIN – This is your First Bank transfer pin.
You will receive a message indicating that your registration was successful. Congratulations, your number has now been activated on the internet for First Bank USSD Quick Banking Service.
Note: Please it is advisable to use a transfer PIN that you can easily remember.
How To Transfer Money From First Bank To Other Banks Via USSD Code
To transfer money from the First bank to First bank and other banks in Nigeria, just follow the below procedures:
- Dial *894*Amount*Account Number#
- Select beneficiary bank
- Confirm amount
- Enter Beneficiary name and
- Enter five-digit PIN
- Then select account to debit, and you are done.
This actually the most easiest way to perform this particular bank transaction and it can be done from your mobile phone at home.
All that is required is the number you used when registering at First Bank. This works within the bank, and from the bank to other Nigeria banks.
How To Recharge Card Or Buy Airtime With First Bank Transfer Code
you want to purchase airtime from your bank account to your own number, then follow these steps below:
- Dial *894*Amount#, then press the send button.
- Enter your PIN.
- Press the send button.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to buy the airtime.
For example, you want to transfer airtime worth 500 Naira to your own phone number say 0812745609, then dial this code *894*500*0812745609#.
Note that you need to use the phone number you used to register the First Bank USSD banking service.
If you want to buy airtime to another phone number, then follow these steps:
- Dial *894# on the phone number connected to your First Bank account.
- Select the recharge amount you want to transfer.
- On the next screen, enter the phone number you are sending the airtime to.
- Enter your PIN.
- You can also dial this code: *894*Amount*Phone Number#. After that, you need to enter your PIN.
When everything is successful, the airtime will be deposited on the phone number.
For example, if you wish to load airtime of 200 Naira on the phone number 0701234567, then the code to dial is *894*200*0812745609#.
NOTE: First Bank customers can transfer up to N100,000.00 per day and recharge airtime up to N10,000.00 per day.
How To Check First Bank Account Balance Via USSD Code
To check your First bank account balance, Dial *894*00#.
After dialing the USSD code, press enter.
Enter your PIN and press the Send button.
A message you appear showing your bank account balance.
How To Check Your First bank Mini Statement Via USSD Code
You can easily check your Firstbank mini-statement by dialing *894*Account Number#.
Follow the instructions on the screen to generate a mini statement for your bank account.
Please note that you will get the statement via SMS.
How To Reset Your Pin For First Bank Transfer Code
To reset your First Bank mobile banking PIN, dial *894*0# on the phone number connected to your bank account.
Follow the instructions to reset your mobile banking PIN.
You need to note that you have to provide your old PIN before you can change or reset your PIN/password.
Also, note that you should always keep your Personal Identification Number (PIN) secret.
First Bank Transfer Short Codes
- To register: *894*0#
- Airtime recharge: *894*Amount#
- Airtime for others: *894*Amount*Number#
- To transfer: *894*Amount*Account number#
- To check airtime: *894*00#
- Mini-statement: *894*Account number#
What Are The Transfer Charges And Limits?
- The recharge fee is free.
- Network charges range from 2 Naira to 5 Naira.
- Money transfers from your bank account to another First Bank account number is totally free.
- If you are sending money from tour First Bank account to another bank account, then you will be charged 55 Naira.
- The mobile banking transfer limit is 100,000 Naira daily.
- The airtime recharge limit for all First Bank mobile banking users is 10,000 Naira daily.
Frequently-Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is 894?
894 is a quick, convenient, secure, and easy way to perform your banking transactions (Transfer Money, Check Balance, Buy Airtime, Pay Bills, and lots more) anytime and anywhere, using any type of phone without internet (data).
Who Can Use This Service?
All Individual account holders with phone numbers enrolled on the Bank’s SMS alert platform. Joint, corporate, and multiple signatory accounts are not eligible for this service.
What Services Are Available On 894?
You can transfer money, buy airtime for yourself and others, check your account balances, make purchases, pay your bills, open accounts, and lots more.
Can I Use The Service On More Than One Of My Accounts?
Yes, you can.
How Secure Is The 894 Mobile Banking?
894 is secure as it requires registration and PIN authentication on all your banking transactions.
What Is The Five (5) Digit Pin For First Bank Transfer?
The five (5) digit PIN for First Bank is the number you generate when registering for the mobile banking service. It is the 5 digit PIN that will enable you to transfer money using the First Bank transfer code in Nigeria.
Thanks for reading!!!
We advise you to bookmark this page and always check here for more guidelines and updates on how to make use of first bank USSD transfer code for mobile banking.
Feel free to share this post with your family and friends.