FUNAAB Postgraduate Admission Form 2020/2021: This page contains the procedure to obtain Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta School of Postgraduate application form: programme duration, application fee, entry requirements and other registration details.
Is Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) Postgraduate Application Form out?
Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) is now selling the application forms for admission into its postgraduate Diplomas, Masters and Doctor of Philosophy Degree programmes for the 2020/2021 academic session.
The school management of the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the university various postgraduate programmes for the 2020/2021 academic session.
Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) is a government-owned and operated Nigerian university established in on 1 January 1988 by the Federal Government when four universities of technology, earlier merged in 1984, were demerged. This led to the creation of the first two universities of agriculture in Abeokuta and Makurdi. The university was located in Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria. Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta offer various undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
Check out how to apply for FUNAAB Postgraduate admission form, courses, eligibility, application fee and registration details for the 2020/2021 academic session.
The sale of the online Screening Form/Registration commences on Monday, 18th May 2020
How Much Is Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta Postgraduate Admission Form?
Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) Postgraduate Application Fee is Fifteen Thousand Five Hundred and Sixty Naira (N15,560:00) only and should be paid through the ADMISSION PORTAL, please note that the fees is non-refundable. you will, however, be required to pay appropriate bank charges.
FUNAAB Postgraduate Admission Requirements
Applicants are advised to study the requirements below before they commence registration.
- To be eligible for admission to the Postgraduate Diploma Programme, candidates must be first degree holders in a relevant discipline from any recognized University. In general, all applicants must satisfy basic UTME requirements for Bachelor’s degree. Holders of HND with Upper Credit and above could also apply. Holders of First Degree in Animal Science are eligible to apply for Postgraduate Diploma Programme in Animal Science.
- Candidates for Master’s Degree Programme must be graduates of the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta or any other University recognized by the Senate and shall normally have obtained a minimum of Second Class (Upper Division) degree in the relevant field. However, candidates with Second Class Lower Degree in relevant field may be considered. Candidates for Masters of Information and Communication Technology (MICT) programme should possess HND plus a Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science or B.Sc. Physical Sciences/Engineering and Allied Disciplines. Prior computing or IT exposure is beneficial but not essential. Candidates for admission to Masters and Ph.D. programmes in Communication Studies shall possess University degrees in Arts, Science, Applied Science, Social Science and Education or other related disciplines.
- To be eligible for admission to the MBA (AgriBusiness) and Professional Master in Communication Studies degree programmes, candidates must be holders of Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University or HND (Upper Credit minimum) with a Postgraduate Diploma in any discipline.
- Candidates with Postgraduate Diploma in Communication studies with a minimum cumulative average of 55% may be considered for Master’s Degree in Communication Studies. Also, possession of relevant professional qualification and/or experience will be an advantage. A credit pass in O’ Level Mathematics is not compulsory for admission into Professional Master in Communication Studies programme which is strictly part-time (Friday and Saturday) programme. The duration of the programme is a minimum of 4 semesters.
- Masters of Environment Management (MEM) is a three-semester professional programme designed for captains of industries who are degree holders or HND holders with distinction/credit pass plus PGD in relevant fields who have also satisfied all basic UTME requirements while Masters of Environment Management and Protection (MEMP) is an academic Master’s Degree that runs for a minimum of four (4) semesters.
- The requirement for M. Agric applicants in the Department of Agricultural Economics and Farm Management is B. Agric (Agric Economics) with Second Class Upper. Other disciplines will be admitted to M.Sc. (Professional) with the prospect of conversion to MAgric on attaining a minimum weighted average score of 60% after the first year.
- Masters of Veterinary Science (M .V.Sc.) and Master of Science (M.Sc.) courses are open to: (i) M.V.Sc. – Master of Veterinary Science is open to Graduates of Veterinary Medicine of FUNAAB and other University recognized by Senate. Any other qualification adjudged to be equivalent to a DVM by the Senate. Candidates must satisfy any other requirements as specified by the postgraduate school of FUNAAB. (ii) M.Sc.: – The Master of Science degree is open to Graduates of Biological Sciences of FUNAAB and other institutions recognized by Senate. Fellows of the Nigerian Institute of Medical Laboratory Technology, or its equivalent may also be considered. Candidates must satisfy any other requirements as specified by the Postgraduate School of FUNAAB.
- For Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree programme, a student must have obtained Master’s degree from the College of Veterinary Medicine of FUNAAB or other University recognized by Senate and other qualification adjudged to be equivalent to a Master’s degree by the Senate.
- The duration of study for the Master’s degree programme shall be a minimum of 4 semesters and maximum of 8 semesters for full time candidates; while part-time studies shall be for a minimum of 6 semesters and maximum of 10 semesters. Part-time students must finish all course works within the first four semesters of their registration.
- To be eligible for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy degree programme, candidates must have obtained a Master’s degree from FUNAAB or its equivalent from any other University recognized by Senate. Holders of one year Master’s Degree are expected to undergo a conversion examination after the first session before proceeding to a Ph.D. programme.
- Candidates for academic Masters and Ph.D. programmes shall be required to submit a research proposal along with their application forms. They may be required to interact (in oral or written form) with their respective Departments before admission.
FUNAAB Postgraduate Programmes Duration
- Ph.D (Doctor of Philosophy) Degree/Programme
- Full Time (FT) » 6 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 10 Semesters
- Part-Time (PT) » 8 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 12 Semesters
- MASTERS PROGRAMMES
- Full Time (FT) » 4 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 8 Semesters
- Part-Time (PT) » 8 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 12 Semesters
- PROFESSIONAL MASTERS PROGRAMMES
- Full Time (FT) »» 3 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 6 Semesters
- Part-Time (PT) » 4 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 8 Semesters
- PGD PROGRAMMES
- Full Time FT) »» 2 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 4 Semesters
- Part-Time (PT) »» 4 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 8 Semesters
Candidates/Prospective students are hereby advised to check the complete list of postgraduate courses offered in FUNAAB before proceeding to apply for the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta Postgraduate Admission Form.
How To Apply For FUNAAB Postgraduate Admission Form
FUNAAB Postgraduate Diplomas, Masters and Doctor of Philosophy Degree Programmes Application Form is now available online. Interested Candidates Should Follow the procedures outlined below to Apply now:
- Applicants should visit the PG Application portal (pg.unaab.edu.ng or pgschool.unaab.edu.ng) to commence the process of application.
Note that wrong/false information provided by any candidate shall render the application invalid and such candidates shall be disqualified.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE
The deadline for the online submission of application form is 28th February 2021
Application for PhD is open all year round. Successful applicants will be contacted by e-mail or telephone.
Check out: FUNAAB Resumption Date
We advise you to bookmark this page and always check here for more guideline and updates.
MPT TEAM wish you luck in purchasing your FUNAAB Postgraduate Admission form for 2020/2021 academic session.
Feel free to share this amazing post with your family and friends.